The phone was ringing. what on earth is this all about? “we're in Matt's room are you coming”, as much as I like Matt, this was not something I wanted to get involved with, not at this time in the morning. It was Pam, apparently last night we'd arranged to meet up in the lobby at 11am, I told her her was making the mistake of assuming I remembered anything from last night. I got showered and changed and met them downstairs. Sharon had just got home, and was in the room, Pam and Nancy were trying to find our room numbers to wake us up but could only fin d Matt's which was why they were in his room this morning.
They were leaving this evening and so had to check out, Sharon hadn't got any sleep last night, not sure why, maybe she was reading him bedtime stories all night, so I agreed to let her sleep in my bed for the afternoon. Later on I would remember that my Mum had warned me about trusting people too much, and that Sharon might actually be in on a scam to relieve me of my possessions! Then I had a rethink, it would be a pretty elaborate scam taking about 3 days to relieve me of my fisher price laptop and maybe a few pairs of pants.
The 4 of us got to the weekend market, Pam designated a meeting point in case we got separated, always being a teacher, but forgot to say a time. Matt and I lost them after about 3 minutes. Being the metrosexuals that we are, we bought some hand held sewing machines, just in case, and walked through the market and saw all manner of tat, although there was about 100 meters of puppies, kittens and rabbits for sale. we went back to the meeting point and made a half hearted attempt to wait for them, which lasted as long as it took for us to get in a cab.
a brief stop at McDonalds later and we bumped into Nancy and Pam on Khao San Road, they hadn't bought anything at the market, which made mine and Matt's purchase of sewing machines even more gay, however I had backed it up with buying a digital camera. I'd not brought one with me as I thought I'd be able to get it cheaper over here, but never got round to it, and I've just been taking copies of other people's photos, but as I thought I'd be on my own for the next 4 days I should probably buy one, and it would come in handy for the full moon party as Matt's camera was quite chunky.
we killed some time before they had to get their bus at about 7.30pm, I walked with them to the pick up point, and said my goodbyes. I would be seeing them in about 6 days anyway when I got down to the island. In fact it was a really good thing as this way Matt could sort out accommodation for us, and all I had to do was turn up the day before the party. Sorted.
They left and I was on my own. It was sort of liberating, I didn't have anyone to rely on but myself, which at the same time was a bit scary. But i was ok. I'd not really been on my own at all this trip, so it was a funny feeling, but at the same time exciting.
I made several trips to the internet cafe, spoke to my parents on skype, told them I was going back to Cambodia, mum looked confused as she thought I'd hated it, maybe I'd given that impression in my blog, but nothing could be further from the truth. Apart from meeting Sophia, I'd really enjoyed my time there, and really wanted to see the beaches in the south hopefully I'd get a chance to do that this time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment