Wednesday, July 9, 2008

LAST DAY IN PHNOM PENH

Said goodbye to Stevie and Lucie in the morning, they were off to Saigon on the coach, Kai was off to a small town in the south of Cambodia to lay around on a beach or something. Matt and I had decided to miss out on going to Vietnam so we could fit in Laos, everyone had said what a great time they'd had in Laos and nothing really grabbed me about Nam, and i could always do it another time, I was definitely coming back to Asia at some point.

we spent the afternoon just hanging around, we had to pick up our passports at about 5pm so after that we went back to the guest house. I was feeling quite rough, had a really dodgy stomach. Kai had had a fever before we left Siem reap, and Mona had been quite ill a few days before she left so it was quite possible that I'd caught something from them. But I;d not eaten all day so thought it was that. I struggled through an omlette baguette, and felt a bit better.

So Matt and I headed out into town for a last night in phnom Penh. After a beer or two at the irish bar I felt much better, so we went back to one of the bars we were in the night before to say goodbye to some of the girls we'd been playing pool with. Although I wasn't really feeling that well I still made it back to the Gym bar to watch the Spain vs Russia game, with one of the girls. However much i stressed how good Torres was she only had eyes for David Villa. Honestly, girls and football don't mix.

No comments: