Got up reasonably early and went to meet Natalie at her hotel on Khao San Road. We stopped and had breakfast before meeting everyone else in the lobby of our guest house.
As the Dutch lads only had a couple of days left we decided to do as much of the touristy cultural stuff, so we all arranged to go to the Grand Palace and see the temples and the Emerald Buddha. Natalie had already seen it so went to the mall and then the cinema, she says she's Canadian, but acts very much like an American.
As part of a scam the tuk tuk drivers would take us to the palace as long as we stopped over at a tailors and made out like we were going to buy something, the drivers then get enough fuel to keep them on the road for 3 days. It's nice when you and a local team up to scam someone else, and no one deserves it more than the suit makers.
I felt a bit stupid browsing through the catalogs of some truly terrible suits, I could feel the pressure growing from the shop assistants, when as luck would have it I got a phone call and had to leave the shop. Saved by the bell. I went back in after about 20 minutes, they weren't going to waste their time with me now, and had focused their attention on Jesse, who was quite close to buying one, the gullible fool.
we left there without any purchases, and went to the palace. Joey and Jesse were wearing shorts and ripped jeans and so had to dress in these rather charming pair of nylon slacks, before they could go in. The grouns of the temples are quite impressive, and there was a procession of guards who marched past us, one set were wearing white gloves (hence the MJ reference in the title of the blog).
The decorations of the temples are really good, and the emerald buddha is quite spectacular, much smaller than I thought, a little green guy sat on top of about 25 feet of crystals and gems.
The lads went shopping afterwards, Nicky and I went back to the guest house, she was leaving that afternoon to go to the islands, and had to pack up her stuff. I graed the opportunity for a bit of a nap and a go on t'interweb.
Nicky left at about 6, she was flying out of singapore the same day as me and Matt so we'd see her in a couple of weeks. And so we were down to 5 (including Natalie). Matt wasn't feeling so go so he decided to spend the night in, me and the dutch lads went to meet Natalie and have a few drinks. I bumped into Mandy again on the street, I think she's started following me now.
Upon realising that I was quite tired, we hit the vodka redbulls, then some 2 4 1 buckets, and we were well away. We all got beaten by some 8 year old girls in a thumb war and had to buy roses, which was handy as it was 'Ladies Night' in the Lava club down the road. Joey and me were up for it a bit more than the other two so we dashed off. I bumped into that girl from Manchester again, she was a bit drunk, but i think we managed to avoid confrontation this time. Ladies night in Lava wasn't what we all thought it would be. As we got down the stairs, all we could see was thai girls, some thai ladyboys, and a scattering of blokes. We were in trouble, these girls could be a nightmare if they get a whiff of cash, so without breaking stride, we turned on out heels and went back up the stairs to the street.
where we found an Elephant. as you do. It was knocking on for 1am, we'd booked a whole day trip tomorrow starting at 7am, so going to another club at that time probably wasn't the smartest idea, but then I've never been the smartest person. we picked up the other two and went for a dance. I got bored at about 2.30 and left the crazy dutch bastards dancing on the stage and went to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment