Sunday, July 13, 2008

LAZY DAY

We did absolutely nothing. Had lunch togther and decided that we would all stick together as a group and do a kayaking trip back down to Vietaine, it cost about 4 times more than the bus but would be worth it.

Went to the market, which was shutting up as we got there, then it started to rain. Heavily. The lightning was really bad and blacked out the power in the whole town. Knowing how laid back they all were here there was no chance the power would come back on before tomorrow. Having said that, no Friends! every cloud....

We headed out for a drink I started to feel quite sick again, it got really bad and I went home at about 6pm for a bit of a lay down. If i didn't feel any better by the morning there was no way I would go Kayaking tomorrow.

I got up at about 9pm, still feeling a bit dodgy, but if I didn't make it out tomorrow I woudn't see Tammy or Or again, as they were heading to Vietnam and southern Laos, (the dutch lads would be coming with us back to Bangkok). I took my torch (the electric still wasn't back on), and went looking for them. I saw them, they were all drunk and i was the only sober one. Nothing worse than that.

Matt, Jesse Joey and me ended up in a bar about an hour later, the night had taken it's toll on them and they moved onto water, I had been on sprite all night and was feeling superior and smug. Nothing better than that!

Jesse and Joey went home, Matt and I sat and talked to an English couple, about back home, traveling and whatever else we could think about. It was raining quite heavily and so I didn't fancy the walk back to the guest house just yet.

I was feeling loads better by the time I had got back into bed, if I could get through the night without feeling bad then I would probably make it Kayaking, which was good as I was looking forward to it.

No comments: