Wednesday, July 9, 2008

FEELING LAOS-EY

7am, Matt bundles through the door, still drunk from the night before. He went out with some people from the guest house and had a great time. Good for him.

The doctor arrived, “do you still feel sick?” he asked, “No”, I lied. He gave me a note saying I was ok to fly, and I checked myself out. The flight was at 10am and we were rushing to make it.

Due to the insurance company's system being down, I had to pay for the bill myself and then claim it back at a later date. $1,045 it cost me. The most expensive case of the runs I'd ever had, I thought about making a joke about paying through the nose as well as through the.......but thought better of it.

We jumped in the tuk tuk, drove round the corner and I threw up by the side of the road. a fitting departing gesture to Cambodia. although to be fair, i love this country, it's been an amazing experience to come here and see what it has to offer, I just wish I could have spent more time in the countryside and not so much in the big cities, although knowing my track record I would have stepped on a mine or something.

We made the plane and were on our way to Laos. I'd heard so many good things about Laos that I was quite excited to be going, even though I felt like death. That Animal wasn't going away anytime soon.

after landing in Vietaine, we latched onto a French girl who was going to a guest house, it ended up being quite expensive, but I was in no mood to be walking around looking for somewhere, so we dumped our stuff and went for lunch.

The one thing that everyone says about Laos is that everyone is so laid back, and they were, especially when it comes to serving you food.

I jumped on the internet for a bit then went back to bed for a while. Matt and I went out for dinner at about 8, neither of us were drinking, I was on antibiotics and he was really hung over from the night before. This night was destined to end early, and it did.

No comments: