Saturday, July 19, 2008

ARRIVING IN KOH PHANGAN

Woke up at 5.30am. We were at the point where we get another bus to the boat.

I ran off the bus and threw up in the toilet. That 'Chicken' sandwich had had it's final revenge. I started to worry that I was getting ill again, butfelt ok after a bit of pepsi and a stolen sleep lying across my bag.

The boat journey was ok, Andy said that it was the most uncomfortable boat trip he'd even been on, as i had actually experienced the worst boat trip ever, this one was quite nice.

Matt had a motor bile and met us at the pier. The canadians were getting in at about the same time as me, and Matt had met up with 4 Icelandic girls who he'd come here with.

We got to the bungalows, which are really nice. Right on the beach, the sea is a bit manky though, so we went in for about 10 minutes and that was enough. It's really shallow for about 100 metres and then it gets deep. However that 100 metres is just sharp stones that cut us to shreds. Enough of this. It started to rain so we went on to the verrandas of our respective bungalows. I'm in with Andy and Gerard, across from us are Pam, Namcy and Sharon, and Matt is staying with a Brazilian bloke called Paulo. I went for a bit of a power nap, and didn't wake up for about 3 hours. I didn't get much sleep on the bus, so I probably needed it.

We all had dinner togther, I was introduced to the icelandic girls (I can neither remember their names or even pretend to be able to pronounce them), who seem nice enough. We piled into a taxi and headed to the beach where the party is going to be tomorrow night.

We watched fire jugglers for a bit, (they seem rally good at first, then they accidentially throw a flaming stick at you) and there were various expats playing organised games on the beach. Some of the group got buckets, I stayed away as tonight was going to be the warm up for the main party, and I wanted to save myself for that. Andy and I lost everyone else on the beach and went for a bit of a scout around and a few drinks. We called it a night at about 2am and got a taxi back. The canadians rolled in at about 3am, Matt was already home, and Gerard limped in at 4.30am, woke me up and asked for some antiseptic cream.

Turns out he'd been in a motorbile accident. He thought it was a good idea to walk home when a ladyboy and a bloke stopped and offered him a lift, our place is near a really steep hill and the bike couldn't make it up, somehow the ladyboy thought it was a good idfea to ten try and ride into a ditch, Gerard jumped off and unbalanced the bike. He's ok, got a big friction burn down his shin, the other guy knocked himself out, but I don't think it was very serious, anyway Gerard said that a bus load of people stopped to help out so he walked home.

It's weird that even though she used to be a man, she has now taking on the driving abilities of a woman. Those doctors are amazing.

Full Moon Party tomorrow. May not be updating this for a while why I recover.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you had a good Full Moon mate! Good to chat to you for a full 10 seconds - we'll have to sort out a skyping time soon! Send me an email or sumfin with a bit of notice as you are probally more all over the place than me so better to give a time.

Really enjoying reading your blogs mate!